Progeny Systems Corporation is a privately-held high-tech small business specializing in electronic systems development for the United States Department of Defense (DoD), and other government and business organizations. Progeny Systems' corporate headquarters in Manassas, Virginia offers a full array of computing systems to support the development, testing and integration of leading edge technology systems for the DoD and commercial customers. This facility comprises approximately 81,000 sq ft square feet of offices, conference rooms, production area, and secure laboratory space. In addition to the Manassas, Virginia site, Progeny Systems can call upon their other major facilities located in Middletown, Rhode Island; Groton, Connecticut; our ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing facility in Charleroi, Pennsylvania; and our ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing facility in Taunton, Massachusetts. Several regional facilities distributed throughout the United States include Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, San Diego, California, Salt Lake City, Utah, Henderson, Nevada, Somerset, KY, and our newest facility in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Since 1995, Progeny has provided high quality engineering solutions and services to the United States Army, United States Navy, United States Air Force, National Institutes of Health, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and Fortune 500 customers. Excellent technical performance, combined with fundamental business tenets such as listening to the customer, commitment to quality, and extreme efficiency, have earned Progeny Systems a reputation as well as official recognition from government agencies and companies in the private sector.
Progeny has experience and a proven track record in helping our customers maximize their IT investments by:
Progeny Systems was the prime integrator and system architect for the Advanced Under Sea Warfare Concept (AUSWC) demonstration that provided web-enabled collaboration and data exchange between ships and submarines conducting joint Anti-Submarine Warfare. Progeny's independent technical perspective as prime integrator was critical in the successful demonstration of AUSWC. Progeny Systems has been called on again as the prime integrator and system architect for the follow-on Common Undersea Picture (CUP) program that will leverage advances in web-enabled collaboration.
Progeny’s business base can be divided into one of three categories: System Integration, Research and Development, and Product Development/Manufacturing, with an average of 15 innovative research efforts ongoing annually. The Progeny Systems management and technical staff have an average of 15 years experience per employee. That experience spans from former military personnel with extensive operational experience, to real-time embedded software designers and senior systems architects. Progeny products range from information assurance solutions; LAN/WAN management and analysis tools; knowledge/document management; to complete end-to-end system design, development, integration and production. Progeny's corporate "Small Business" status allows it to participate in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Program designed to leverage the flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and higher propensity for risk-taking environment in high-tech small businesses.
- Acoustic Intercept and Ranging (AI&R)
- Acoustics Rapid COTS Insertion (ARCI) Advanced Program Builds (APBs)
- Common Undersea Picture (CUP)
- Fibre Channel Bridge to Legacy Systems
- Information Assurance (IA)
- Digital Data Collection System (DDCS)
- Common Undersea Picture (CUP) Technology Insertion
- Virginia Class Test and Evaluation Support
- Non-Propulsion Electronics System (NPES) Bar-Coding Services
Submarine Technical Data/Knowledge Management
Research and Development
- Virginia Class Engineering Support
- Large Vertical Array/CAVES
- Acoustic Canopy MASINT System (ACMS)
- High Performance Real-Time Synchronization Clock
- Joint Battlespace Infosphere (JBI) Mercury Project
- Open Architecture Software Using Middleware Isolation Layers
- Multi-Beam Sonobuoy Operator Displays
- Innovative Signal Processing Concepts for Active Emissions
- Sonar Stimulation for Virtual Targets in Netted, Tactical ASW Training
- Automated/Simplified Weapons Operator/Machine Interface (OMI)
- H-60 Mission Avionics Technology Insertion
- Autonomous Damage Controls of Submarine HM and E Systems
- Global Information Grid (GIG) - Enabling Middleware Portals
- Minimum Bandwidth Distributed Simulations for Warfighter Shipboard Training
Multi-disciplinary and Multi-sensor Integrated Display Development
- Multi-Sensor Active Intercept System
- Acoustic Intercept and Ranging (AI&R)
- Multi-Tube Weapon Simulator (MTWS)
- Low Cost COTS Replacement for VME Chassis Computing System
- WR21 Gas Turbine Support
- FormFaces™—Next-Generation Web-Based Forms Processing
CodeEyes™—Non-Intrusive Real-Time Instrumentation for Distributed Systems and Enterprise Applications
Progeny Systems Corporation is a matrix organization which enables the most effective and seamless utilization of its resources across its various functions and business areas. Each business area, commonly referred to as a division in traditional business organizations, focuses on its core combination of technologies, products and services while he supporting personnel is organized into functional groups by discipline or specialty, commonly known as departments. Personnel of each department often support multiple business areas taping of the knowledge and recourses of their home departments. This matrix organization of Progeny Systems Corporation business is one of the keys to our efficiency, agility and success.
Aviation Communication & Surveillance Systems Division designs and produces systems used to increase situational awareness and heighten the efficiency of military missions and operators. Our portfolio of products and capabilities includes systems to support mine warfare, flight mission management, biometrics and mission package systems integration.
Test & Evaluation Services Division provides comprehensive test and evaluation services for tactical and strategic C4ISR systems. Our knowledge of Department of Defense testing and evaluation policies and procedures ensures that technical solutions are complete and align with test requirements.
Enterprise Applications Division provides full service design test and integration of software and hardware systems used for shipboard operations. It's portfolio includes training systems, workflow management, human resources, document management, and nuclear reactor monitoring/automation.
Submarine Combat Systems Division designs and develops the weapon launchers, weapon simulators, and other shipboard electronics a software components that make up the AN/BYG-1 system for the combat control suites aboard Virginia, Los Angeles, Seawolf, and Ohio (SSGN) submarines.
Network Centric Systems Division is focused on design and integration of systems and software that enable all Navy surface ships to collaborate and prosecute underwater threats.
Production and Manufacturing Division provides the capability, processes, and procedures needed to support building/delivering components, units, and systems in support of all companywide requirements.
- Sonar Systems and Sensors Division produces active and passive sonar devises and systems used in US Navy submarines, surface ships, and torpedoes.